This is offlist because I hate to make a fool of myself in public. :)

I have been messing around with this and am seeing a light at the end of the tunnel. I can do _a_ page but sending the file name as a parm has stumped me. It seems doable, and if I can make it work I will send up a balloon.

Adobe appears to have solutions but they are more technical than my brain will handle.

In any event, thank you for the challenge!! Its stopped the boredom.

On 6/5/2013 1:31 PM, Jack Tucky wrote:
My customer reminded me that we have to support people printing from their
home as well, not just from the Kiosks.

The web page is public and open to search.

Crap.

-----Original Message-----
From: web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Booth Martin
Sent: Wednesday, June 05, 2013 2:06 PM
To: Web Enabling the IBM i (AS/400 and iSeries)
Subject: Re: [WEB400] Printing a web page on a kiosk

Consider defining that first button as something other than a print button.
Perhaps a "Preview" button? The suggestion of linked thumbnails instead of
a button was, I thought, a great idea.

The documents are already in .pdf format; build synergy from what Adobe has
already done for you. Their options have stood the tests of millions of
users; harness it.

Because you define the entire process, including the hardware and the
software, you don't have to concern yourself(yet) with programming to
tablets & smart phones, and users not having the needed plug-ins.

Booth Martin
802-461-5349
http://www.martinvt.com