You know, I think, that I may tend to ramble in these posts, doing my thinking as I type. I know I said elsewhere in that post, that the caret means whatever comes right after the hostname and port - mea culpa if I caused any confusion by my idle thoughts!!

Your examples are helpful, of course, and much appreciated.

Cheers
Vern