Actually, I'm not sure where I got the 65000 number. I think I was thinking about the maximum number of ports per IP address. Realistically the limit on concurrent stateful sessions is the number of simultaneous processes that you can have being served from the same IP address, and I think that number is actually pretty low. It gets a little fuzzy; I think the number is controlled by the MaxClients setting and that number is rarely set above 1000, but maybe Aaron knows more.

Joe

But this is a little bit of a red herring. The real limitation is that
you can only have 65,000 connections on an IP address. If you have over
65K connections, you need multiple IP addresses and once you have
multiple IP addresses, you automatically have a way to segment the load
among multiple servers. So even if you were trying to run Amazon on an
IBM i, you could do it.

Joe