Nathan,

WRKDBF works like ZEND and RUBY and most others, they do a "DSPPFM" of a
file and generates a program that is as useable as DFU, but unuseable in a
production environment simply because no DB description has enough
information to create a production ready UI.

powerEXT runs on a Data Dictionary (it is actually it's archilles heel
because nobody want's to spend time to create one) - but first created, it
is very efficient - and removes 70-80 % of any modernization project and
speeds up thing 10-12X or what I rather will talk about - coding of
concurrent RIA's and future technologies - that actually is the challenge.
This hasn't just reached major writers in the iSeries market <grin>

The mantra in powerEXT is "when is programming a production, and when is
it a creative process ?".

powerEXT is the result of one project going totally wrong - it is also the
result of analyses that goes far behind the programming industries and the
clever heads in that and it has elements of analysis in coorporation with
production experts, industrial historicans, psychologists and sociologists
- a process that took 2 month in hot time.

It is a totally different product taking elements of the most succesfull
projects in 150 years and incoorporating them into the platform - yes
there is a leaning curve, but this has also been minimized and also been
delt with in my 95%/5% stategy - anybody should be able to make 95% of any
new UI with less than 10 hours of education - the rest 5% - buy them or
educate yourself.

/Henrik

Nathan Andelin <nandelin@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
19-04-2010 20:24
Please respond to
Web Enabling the AS400 / iSeries <web400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Web Enabling the AS400 / iSeries <web400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: [WEB400] Why use PHP? What are the disadvantages?

Henrik,

Not to get too far off topic, but I wonder if you might be able to share
any significant similarities or differences between PowerExt and the
WRKDBF utility at the Easy400 site?

Thanks,

-Nathan.