OK, can YOU give me an example of one that works?

The example I am following from a previous post does not include this in
the db2_prepare:

Does something like this not work for you?

e.g.

$qUpdateCustomer = "CALL SP_INSERT_F550101Z( ?, ?, ? )";
$request = i5_prepare( $qUpdateCustomer ); <=======
i5_setparam( $request, 0, $transactionId );
i5_setparam( $request, 1, 'C' );
i5_setparam( $request, 2, $_POST['ABALPH'] );
i5_execute( $request );

Or. My friend Grizzly's example with no prepare in it..

$company = 01;
$name = 'Grizzly';
$sql = "call library.procedure($company,'$name')";
$result = db2_exec($sql);

If I had a boss breathing down my back, I would be in a straight jacket
by now. Can it be that hard to call a stored procedure with PHP?
I told my wife last night that either I am really stupid, or I am just
average and all you guys out there are geniuses.

But an example that takes me through the whole process would be nice,
even to show the result set in a table. I know, I am asking a lot. But
think of all the other average or below average skill programmers you
may help!
You can make the world a better place!

Tom Deskevich