The CPU and memory imprint is my biggest complaint. My other complaint
could be more of developers not using it correctly, but nothing is
more irritating on a site then when you hit the back-button and it
doesn't work.

I know the idea behind most flash development are desktop applications
on the web. We access these through a browser which has some expected
default behavior. Breaking things like the back button drives me
crazy.

Also, the world is moving more mobile and most phones can't handle
flash so you're tied to a computer of some sort. Not to mention if
things like the iPad take off, there is another market that doesn't
get to use your application.

There are several ways to get the eye candy. I'm sure flash is
easiest, but JavaScript will do it. Also, I've only tried one program
with it, but JavaFX has some nice features. Not sure how popular it is
yet, but I see some great potential in it.

These are purely opinion based. I've never programmed in ActionScript
or Flex so there could be solutions for all of my bad experiences with
it.

--
James R. Perkins