Nathan Andelin wrote:
From: Bradley V. Stone
But again I'd guess in most cases that ID is stored in DB file(s) and
looked up on each request, not in memory.

I bet a lot of RPG-CGI programs use DB files to store session data, but I get the impression that Java objects are "serialized" to stream files, and typically larger - a developer may dump an SQL result set to a "collection" and store it in a "session", for example. Maybe it depends on the application.

Nathan.