From: Nathan
Downloading the ExtJS framework adds about 1 meg at startup (or any time
browser cache is cleared). I'm not sure what to say about that, except
that I finally chose to write some of my own client code for my own
applications rather than have that much overhead.

When it comes to extJs the .js file used right now is the debug version
called "ext-all-debug.js" (967kb). We use this one because we sometimes need
to debug our code ;o) We can simply remove the debug and the download will
be decreased to 527kb... This is still all to must so when we know all the
classes needed we can build a special 5250 version - and THAT .js will be
very small. I don?t know the size yet but it will be small!

Regards,

Bent Ronne

System & Metode Technologies
Håndværkersvinget 8, DK-2970 Hørsholm