<Ignorance warning>

How is JavaFX originally delivered to the users desktop? Is it similar to a "browser add-on" like Flash or Silverlight, or is it more like downloading the .NET framework (guessing the latter). If that's the case then I can see it working for internal apps, but that still leaves the need to do public web sites where the viability of your business can depend on how easy/non-intrusive it is to use your website - hence why HTML+CSS+JavaScript will seemingly forever be trying to mirror what other "thicker" technologies can do better.

Question 2: Do you know of any current online sites that use JavaFX? Everytime I see an update about the technology I always try to take the time to read it, but I don't believe I have ever actually seen a JavaFX app. Do you know of any by chance?

Thanks,
Aaron Bartell
http://mowyourlawn.com

john e wrote:
Maybe it's an idea to replace the bloated browser with a java client, JavaFX to be precise which is quite efficient and can provide a very aesthetic look. Its better suited for business apps (e.g. it can be made keyboard centric much easily as html/javascript) *and* you have the availability of the vast java platform libraries on the client, *and* you have far less security problems. For example it would be possible to access the local disk in a controlled way.

As others (well, at least one other person) already stated, the browser is a dead end for serious (business) apps, IMHO.