From: "lgoodbar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <lgoodbar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: web400@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, November 19, 2008 8:14:10 AM
Subject: [WEB400] Pull data from several reports into dashboard

Over the years we've developed many inhouse browser-based reports. Our
supervisors run several of these reports daily to create a poor-man's
scorecard / dashboard. I've been asked to automate this process - to
create an electronic/web dashboard based on the existing manual process.

Most of the reports are hosted from i5/OS' web server, and a couple from
ASP.NET web pages. First blush seems that HTTPAPI can retrieve the
generated report, but I'm stuck with pulling specific data from the
reports. What tools do you use to accomplish this?

The reports were created as stand-alone entities and weren't intended to
be pulled together. All the business logic / calculations are internal
to the report. Does it make sense to create custom HTML-like tags to
surround the data? In the HTTPAPI vein, can Expat parse a HTML document?

Obviously I'm trying to keep the dashboard process on the i. All
suggestions welcome.

Thanks,

Loyd

--