Time to clear some stuff up.

The session being held by Richard and I is *absolutely* Java vs. .Net. A Java EE application is an application that runs in a Java EE container, such as WebSphere or Tomcat. Period. It is built of Java code, whether hand written or generated by a tool or created for a JSP or JSF page. Technically, it can also include native code when accessed via JNI, and of course in a multi-tiered architecture such as the ones we will be demonstrating, it can also use existing business logic written in RPG.

We have lots of ways of generating the Java bytecode that is executed in a Java application. For example, did you know that each JSP page actually generate a servlet written in Java, and that is what is executed? For this session, EGL is the tooling used to create the Java middleware that interfaces between the JSF and the RPG.

I'm not sure why he anyone would be confused. I guess they didn't read the Session Details:

http://guest.cvent.com/EVENTS/Info/Custom.aspx?cid=18&i=d4d77b22-868b-407a-9c5a-f0ebd3549996

There is no question what this session entails, and no marketing discrepancy, despite what some people insist on saying. Anybody who says there is a discrepancy didn't read the session agenda, and also doesn't understand what a Java EE application is.

Luckily, the readers on this list are a lot smarter than some people give them credit for.

Joe