That's just it, I don't know. I am just going off of the different things I
have found that worked at one time in xyz browser app, but then didn't work
in the next version of abc browser. For example, in MyFaces 1.2 (I think
that is the version I am running) there is a way to have tabbed panels that
I use to allow a user to go from a "simple document search" to a more
"advanced document search". Well, after FireFox 2.x came out, going to the
"advanced document search" tab didn't work as expected (it would take the
value from the other "simple document search" tab vs. the input field in the
advanced one. Fortunately for me 99% of the usage of this app is internal
and 99% of all users access the JSF app with Internet Explorer (except for
me, which is how I found it :-)

This wouldn't be such a big deal, except it was one of the primary places
where users would go to "order" in this app I built. I have it on my todo
list to upgrade to the latest version of MyFaces and I hope this issue is
fixed along with a whole bunch of other annoying issues in JSF.

Hope that gives you enough detail to know I wasn't making it up :-) This is
why it is important to understand HTML/CSS/Javascript and have a framework
that allows you to go out of the box if necessary. I would say JSF kinda
lets you go out of their toolset, but it isn't trivial and any
customizations you make might break the next time you upgrade the whole JSF
framework implementation.

Aaron Bartell
http://mowyourlawn.com

On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 3:07 PM, Nathan Andelin <nandelin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>