This will take us back into PC tech land but I too have had a positive experience in Linux (SUSE 10.3 in my case) and have been dual booting for about 4 years now. Faster, more stable and certainly less expensive. I run Asterisk (VoIP Open Source "PBX") on SuSe as well: 24/7/365. No problems.

I'll keep you posted about EGL. Much to learn. Much to do.

Pete

Nathan Andelin wrote:
Pete,

I was aware of your experience with different technologies and that you think outside the box. I was thinking about that earlier. It would be good to here more about your journey into EGL land. I look forward to that, and especially with regards to debugging inasmuch as EGL generates Java, HTML, and JavaScript, each working together.

Not to sideline the thread but Linux works! Firefox. Web applications. Word processing. Spreadsheet. PowerPoint presentations. Music. DVD's. Connecting to the Windows workgroup and sharing drives and printers. USB devices. iSeries Access. Everything I've tried so far has exceeded my expectations.

Nathan M. Andelin