No, this has to be something that we can do with our CGI programs.
That's
why I'm guessing it's not possible.

Brad,

Have two copies of the PDFs, one with print disabled and one with print
enabled. Show them the print-disabled copy for them to review, and if
they want to buy it, they go back to the list of PDFs and select the
print-enabled one, you charge them, and they get the PDF. You could even
add a footer on the print-enabled one to say "Licensed for Customer
Bob's Internal Use Only" so you can track origin of prints. And on the
print-disabled one you could add a footer to the effect of "Not Licensed
for Printing."

Yes, once Bob gets the print-enabled one he can print it 100 times, but
then again, he could have printed it once and photocopied it. :)

It's not bulletproof as you can get stuff from the web to remove the
print restrictions on PDFs, but as you said, the non tech savvy...

-Walden