BTW, will you all compare and contrast EGL with other languages like those mentioned above? Will you also provide links to documentation? No hurry.

Thanks much,

Dave

"Joe Pluta" <joepluta@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 1/2/2008 19:12 >>>
From: Dave Odom

Joe,

Do I understand correctly that one can use EGL to build Web apps without
any tie to any legacy i5 language like RPG?

Yes. In fact, you can use EGL to create applications that aren't even tied
to the System i. Obviously I'm biased towards both DB2 on the System i and
RPG, but EGL itself is inherently platform neutral.

It's the best of both worlds: platform neutral development with built-in
hooks for platform specific tools. The more I see, the more I find it hard
to figure out why you wouldn't use this tool.

Joe