From: web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Steve Richter
Sent: Sunday, December 16, 2007 2:28 PM
To: Web Enabling the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: Re: [WEB400] EGL FUD

On Dec 16, 2007 2:35 PM, Trevor Perry <trevor@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

As for your "proof", your own reference proves my point...
- "EGL is our strategic path"
- "EGL is the next business language for the System i"
Even if you accept the "but RPG will continue to exist and we will
continue
to invest in it" cover-up, Bob Cancilla tells user groups and conferences
that RPG is dead. While there is no ~documented~ proof of this, he still
continues to say these words. He is spreading fear amongst the i5/OS
community, and needs to stand up himself and respond to the community, not

to me. He also needs to tell you the truth, apparently.

Even if Bob C. is not saying RPG is dead, that does not make the language
any less comatose than it is. SQL procedure language is better suited for
batch processing and the server side of client/server than RPG. ( sql
procedures are portable, programmers from systems other than the i5 can code
them and sql procedure code is more readable than RPGSQL. ) RPG is the i5
language to use for system programming, green screen applications and batch
code on underpowered hardware. Hardly strategic stuff.

-Steve