Joe,

No matter what spin you put on this, you are not, and have never been a
spokesperson for IBM. Bob Cancilla has been spreading the "EGL replaces RPG"
in user groups for some time now.

As in all your arguments, you confuse the truth with your opinion. I did not
suggest Bob has said anything on this list - why did you invent that and why
would you add that to the argument? You need to get your own facts straight
before you require documentation from anyone else.

As for your "proof", your own reference proves my point...
- "EGL is our strategic path"
- "EGL is the next business language for the System i"
Even if you accept the "but RPG will continue to exist and we will continue
to invest in it" cover-up, Bob Cancilla tells user groups and conferences
that RPG is dead. While there is no ~documented~ proof of this, he still
continues to say these words. He is spreading fear amongst the i5/OS
community, and needs to stand up himself and respond to the community, not
to me. He also needs to tell you the truth, apparently.

Please do not continue to pretend you are the voice of IBM when it comes to
EGL and the future of i5/OS. IBM, and specifically Bob Cancilla, needs to
respond.

You don't.

Trevor