From: Trevor Perry

Trevor, as most people know I simply ignore your comments. However, in this
particular case I'll address the issue because it's such blatant trolling.

Is it important not to confuse EGL with JSF because EGL is a Java and/or
COBOL generator, and not an actual programming language?

All programming languages other than machine language are generators. 3GL
languages generate assembly language or intermediate code (e.g., Java
bytecode). 4GLs such as EGL generate 3GL languages.

We keep hearing of your suggestion that EGL should replace RPG. This
concerns most members of the community, excepting a few who have drunk the
koolaid.

There hasn't been a single post in this list that suggests this, Trevor.
And while there are people how believe that EGL can be used to develop
applications, everybody on the EGL team including Bob, George Farr, Claus
Weiss and Stefano Sergi will gladly point out the powerful hooks EGL has to
call RPG business logic, and we can point to specific fixes in the latest
release that will help in that endeavor.

Please post a link to some quote saying that RPG should be replaced by EGL.
Nobody on the System i EGL team is saying that. Instead, those of us who
are advocating the language in the System i space are specifically talking
about using it to extend the RPG language and to enhance the skills of the
RPG programmer by providing a Java-free web application environment.

The only FUD being spread here is yours.

Please take it somewhere else.

Joe