From: Aaron Bartell

To re-iterate:

<Aaron> Does EGL come with paging out of the box?
<Joe> EGL allows direct SQL access to the database and doesn't require the
extra layer of ORM. You can easily write your own paging logic and
encapsulate it in a library routine, the same way you would with RPG or
COBOL.

Being that offering a strictly JSF solution may not help Tim in this case
(what I offered and you shot down), what would be the best way to
implement this in EGL?

I said I wouldn't do this, but I will try one more time. One LAST time,
honest.

What you are asking makes no sense. It's the same as asking "how do you do
implement paging in RPG". In RPG, you read the data you want to display and
write it to the subfile. When the user hits a function key, you clear the
data and reload it. In EGL, you read the data and put it in an array. EGL
handles the transformation of that array into a bean that JSF displays.
When the user hits a button, you reload the array. It's that simple.

The reason your comment didn't help Tim was because he was asking a
different question: how to position the HTML after it has been loaded and
displayed, not how to load it a page at a time. He defined it quite
concisely by comparing it to loading the subfile completely and using
SFLRCDNBR. Nathan presented an answer that may work. Hopefully Tim will
give it a try.

I can see a lot of people needing this after the first week of
using EGL.

Actually, Aaron, they start doing it the first day they use EGL, by simply
going through the tutorial. And therein lies my point: if you would do the
tutorial, you might not need to ask these questions.

Okay, hopefully you won't take too much offense at that and we can move on.
If you do take offense, I'm sorry, I truly am, and I give up.

Joe