<snip>
One advantage to using asp.net over rpg-cgi is your programmers get to
learn C# !

There's always one comment in your posts that throws me for a complete
loop.
I fully agree that learning another language can only benefit ones
existing
and new RPG development, but to say that is an advantage is just an odd
way
to create an advantage for the Microsoft approach. I don't know, maybe
I am
just grumpy today.

I will say that having prebuilt components saves coding most of the
time.
And then 10% of the time they get in the way. My experience is based on
using Apache's MyFaces (JSF implementation) and ASP.NET's could be much
better.
</snip>

Based on comments I heard from the person here converting an .ASP
application to a full on .Net application, it's not. The components are
great if they do exactly what you want and you want to do things the
Microsoft way (this caused lots of problems with a few things). If what
you're trying to do doesn't meet that criteria, you're either developing
components from scratch or writing kludgy code.

Matt