Scott,

Yep, MickySoft is like most government... Sieg Heil

And the sheeple will follow...Bah, Bah, Bah, as they always do giving
the all powerful Wizard and High Priest's  carte blanche as they always
do.    Also reminds me of the "Time Machine".

You're not pessimistic, you are grounded in reality; a RARE commodity
in the masses.

Sincerely,

Dave

<web400@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 11/16/2006 14:43 >>>

All of that website checking for pfishing can be turned off.

When you install it, it asks you if you want to turn it on or not -- so

you're quite correct.  You can say "no", and it won't be turned on.
But
they make it clear that this isn't recommended.

This means that most users, particularly non-technical ones, will turn
it
on. And Microsoft will, as I stated, be able to spy on them.  In a few

years, Microsoft will have statistic saying "over 90% of people turned
it
on" and they'll be able to use those statistics in court cases when
someone sues them for invasion of privacy.  They'll be able to say
"we're
just doing what our customer asked us to" (as they always seem to do).

Before long, they'll be able to release software that doesnt' ask you
frist, and doesn't tell you that it's watching your moves.  After all,

just about everyone wants it, so why confuse people by asking them?  Of

course, there'll be a registry key that you can set to turn it off.
(But
since you didn't know it was happening, and since you didn't know about

the registry key, very few will!)

Maybe I'm pessimistic, but I've just had enough of Microsoft's way of
doing business over the years.

Because of their ABSOLUTE DOMINANCE of everything in the market, you
really have no choice.  You must do what they want you to do.