From: web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Brad Stone
Sent: Thursday, September 21, 2006 5:42 PM
To: Web Enabling the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: Re: [WEB400] AJAX...

So, do you return XML and then convert that to HTML?

Seems like extra work to me.  :)

Have you found any ways to debug AJAX such as view the source returned on
the page, etc?  IT stinks that you can't even save the page with the dynamic
information inserted and see the *ML that was sent back from the app.
That's the main thing that's holding me back on implementing it more.

I had a huge shopping application for a customer set up with AJAX but
decided to go back to standard scripts because I was finding debugging a
pain.  Not that I insert any bugs into code mind you.  :)

Brad