Okay, I am still trying to figure out a way to pre-compile my webfaing
project and see any change at all with the performance for the first touch
of the application.
I have an open PMR with IBM on this. They told me the same thing I
suspected, I need to either check the option in WSDCi or in web admin on
installation of the app.
I did that and see no change in performance for the first user, and still
the second third etc all run fine.

I then asked about the ibm-web-ext.xmi file. I had seen some talk of this
on the web but I am not sure what I could change to better performance.
This is IBM's response to that, which I think is a total crock, but I will
leave it at that. Any ideas??

I don't know what a 'ibm-web-ext.xmi file' is or how it relates to
WebFacing.  I Googled it and found a website that seems related:
http://open-systems.ufl.edu/services/j2ee/was4/ibm-web-ext.xmi.html
Since this is not an IBM site, I cannot vouch for it in any way.  If you
find something that works, please keep us informed.  Thank you for using
IBM.

    Dave Reiher
    System Analyst
    Prairie Farms Dairy - Corporate