Pete,

When I make up my strategic direction mind, I'll be able to upgrade my
.NET or Webshhere environments.

Thanks much,

Dave

pbhall@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 7/7/2006 16:29:46 >>>
You might be making a mistake there if you postpone going to asp.net.
Visual studio and asp.net, while fine examples of bloat, do make coding

extremely easy. Visual Studio even builds connection strings for you in

the IDE. The server side controls are very slick, and you can implement

your application just by copying the directory to the production
server.
You can even debug web apps in development, just as easily as a Win app

in the old VB debugger. Don't get excited if you don't understand
exactly what all of the project files are for. I think (hope) that
comes
with experience. Dependencies are more manageable than the old VB
setup.exe process used to be, the process doesn't seem to break much.
MS
really did put a lot of effort into making the IDE intuitive, and IMHO,

they've succeeded. Look at the SOAP support if you need to be
convinced.
It's well worth the pain if you're stuck with an IIS middle tier.