>But I'd like to address some of your points about ASP.NET (surprise <G>)
Thanks.

>Has IBM been in the enterprise market longer, of course, but my cell phone
has more computing power and stability than early "enterprise" servers.

I don't think this is a fair statement to IBM. It like saying my local
wireless phone provider is as good as Verizon just because I can get the
same blackberry device working on their network. What really matters is the
approach they take to implement every infrastructure detail, and I think
that is the area that Microsoft is still learning about but IBM has had
their heads wrapped around for much longer.

>What scaling problems? Yes, poorly written .NET code can suck, just like
poorly written Java code and poorly written RPG code.
I specifically noted that I don't think .NET languages are necessarily bad,
I was more talking about the OS and app server that needed to be
implemented.

Do you think Windows Enterprise Server running on enterprise hardware using
IIS is as solid as OS/400 running on iSeries with Apache?

It was well stated earlier, by Brad Stone I think, that one will promote
whatever environment they are most comfortable in.  I am most comfortable
running Java/Tomcat/DB2/OS400/iSeries and it sounds like you have found
comfort in the Microsoft direction which in turn is what you guard. Even
after saying that though I am not going to withdraw my position that I
believe the OS platform and hardware and app server you get with the iSeries
is superior to Microsoft's offering.

Aaron Bartell