From: Joe Wells <jwells@xxxxxxxxx>
To: web400@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, April 20, 2006 1:12:31 PM
Subject: Re: [WEB400] Saving Changes to a Streamed Word Document

Thanks to all those who have replied so far.  I am trying to determine if I can
"cheat" with macros as was mentioned.

In the meantime, here is more information about this application -

1) It is a workflow application.
2) The users are physicians.
3) The documents they are viewing are operation notes.
4) The document names are very tightly controlled (CM 5.3 for iSeries is the
"backbone").
5) If the document is updated, the original is moved to a revisions folder and
the new document is imported.
6) We currently have a VB application that does this (in conjunction with the
CM client) and we are trying to see if we can "webify".

I should be able to attach a macro that will handle the "save as", but the
problem would be the file naming. The file name would have to be tightly
controlled.
 I have tried using 'Content-Disposition: inline;filename=myfile.doc', but this
does not seem to affect the "save as" name (it wants to default to
default.pgm.doc).
Maybe this is because it opens in read only mode?  I think it would be too
dangerous to use a generic name.   I briefly thought about updating the macro
with the
desired "save as" name, but am not sure that would be practical.

At any rate, I am still scratching my head and welcome any and all suggestions!

Thanks,

Joe