> As for the complexity, look at the html code.
> Adding ajax added about 20 lines to the html,
> not a big price to pay, imho.

It may not be complex, but the "concept" callback function registered with the
AJAX request generates a rinky-dink response. In a production setting, a
preformatted table with rows of odd-even background colors, and action links to
change (or delete) items, contained within it's own scrollable area, would
probably be required.

Nevertheless, your example shows that much of the complexity of AJAX can be
encapsulated as callable functions in sharable JavaScript libraries. It looks
like you're using an open-source toolkit. But if the JavaScript files are
sharable, one question is why locate them in a directory underneath your
application directory? Does that have something to do with ASPX.Net?

Using open source toolkits like this shows an interesting chink in Microsoft's
armor, which is based on tightly coupled interfaces front-to-back which tend to
create something of a lock-in effect when using their tools, and discourages
developers from thinking outside the box. Toolkits like this can be used from
just about any type of architecture; iSeries CGI, for example.