From: web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Peter Vidal
Sent: Friday, January 13, 2006 7:56 AM
To: Web Enabling the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: Re: [WEB400] ***** <input TYPE="checkbox"> issue

Thanks Sarah.  I understand your explanation of the checkbox  and its
behavior with the browser. The issue is that it does not matter if I check
it or not, the value is
TRUE, always TRUE, no matter what I do.  I also tested your recomendation
to use "GET" but with no sucess.

To give you all an idea of how thigns are rolling, this is the code:

%HTML(INPUT) {
<head>

<script LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
<!--

function setParms() {

alert(Form1.rating.value);

  var base = "../Top20CusSum/report?";

  var parms = "&co="      + Form1.co.value +
              "&ioc="     + Form1.ioc.value +
              "&rating="  + Form1.rating.value +
              "&reptyp="  + Form1.reptyp.value ;

  adr  = base + parms;

}
// -->
</script>

<!--
BODY {font-family: verdana, helvetica, arial, sans-serif;
font-size:x-small}
TABLE {font-family: verdana, helvetica, arial, sans-serif;
font-size:x-small}
-->

</head>

        ... some page headings

<form METHOD="POST" action="javascript:location.href=adr" name="Form1">

        ... some headings

        <input type=checkbox name="rating">

        <input type="submit" value="Display Statistics" name="B1"
onClick="setParms();">

</form>

It is incredible (based on the beginner knowledge I have) that
Form1.rating.value is always TRUE...

Peter Vidal
PALL Corporation / SR Programmer Analyst, IT Development Group
10540 Ridge Rd., Ste 203, New Port Richey, FL 34654-5111
http://www.pall.com

"Labor to keep alive in your heart that little spark of celestial fire -
Conscience."
George Washington