Half of those are needs based on existing knowledge sets so I wouldn't count
them as valid arguments (i.e. PASE, RPG, COBOL). Personally if I was writing
a new application (with a GUI front end) I wouldn't write it in RPG or
COBOL.

Query support - do you mean Query/400?  I use MySQL and there is a slew of
utilities out there to query not only MySQL but also DB2.

>Who do you call if there's a bug in JSF?  In your database?  In MyEclipse?
What is the turnaround time?
You can still buy support contracts from third parties, again, it is knowing
how to work the open source community. I know forums might seem like the
wrong support contract to have, but I can get answers to my questions faster
on forums than going to the vendor usually.  There are many ego's out there
that love to share information, including my ego ;-)

>What happens when JSF's creator dumps it, just like he dumped Struts?
I am not trying to pee perfume and call it something that it is not, but I
would say that JSF is the next step that Struts would have taken, but it was
just easier to give it a new name and sell it that way.

I would compare it to a person going from RPGIII to RPGIV ILE. Some features
were lost, some features were gained, and RPG ILE IV doesn't look at all
like RPGIII but it allows you to get to an endpoint of producing business
apps in RPG.

I still think an iSeries is the most stable box out there (remember I was
playing devils advocate), but I can see why people don't consider it an
option when they are out shopping.

Aaron Bartell