There are two parts to this. This first thing you need to do is get a
certificate into the Digital Certificate Manager (DCM). You'll need
*SECADM special authority to use DCM. Take a look at the InfoCenter
under Networking => Networking Security => Digital Certificate
Management. You can either do a self-signed certificate or purchase one
from places like VeriSign or Thwate.

The second part is to turn on SSL in the HTTP server. The specific steps
depend upon which version of the HTTP server you're using. Basically,
you need to go into the HTTP admin gui (make sure you have the *ADMIN
server running and then access it by going to
http://your.iseries.name:2001) and checking the appropriate box. The
InfoCenter documentation will tell you how to do this.

Note that if you are using name based virtual hosts, you will need to
create a separate server instance for your HTTPS site. If you need HTTPS
for more than one host name, you will need a separate IP address for
each host name and you'll have to use IP based virtual hosts instead
(for the Original server, you'll have to create separate server
instances for each IP address as it doesn't support IP based virtual
hosts). If you're running the Powered By Apache server, the
documentation at http://httpd.apache.org discusses these issues but you
need to be aware that the iSeries does not use OpenSSL so configuration
related to actually enabling it is different.

Matt