> From: Joe Pluta
>
> But it just makes me a little nutty that you're pushing a
> technology that even the users of the technology say is going away.

And in case you're thinking I'm misreading this, here's what the creator
of Struts had to say BACK IN SEPTEMBER OF 2002:

"For applications now (or about to be) under development that have
relatively short term schedules (i.e. the next few months), you should
probably stick with the existing HTML library.

For applications with a longer lead time, seriously consider waiting for
the ability to use JSF components instead of the Struts HTML tag
library. Doing this will let you leverage not only the standard HTML
components that come with JSF out of the box, but also the rich
libraries of JSF components likely to be created by third parties in the
future (including Struts developers).

For Struts after 1.1 is released, the developers haven't yet had formal
conversations (which will happen on STRUTS-DEV) about what a future
Struts will look like. However, I'm going to continue to advocate a long
term migration to using standards like JSF and JSTL when they are
available, and de-emphasize the further development of the Struts
proprietary tag libraries."

- Craig McClanahan

(http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/proposals/struts-faces.html)

So, the creator of Struts says: STOP USING STRUTS.

'nuff said.

Joe