Yes, I was probably a little unclear in my initial post.

I have some file names that have embedded spaces in the names.  I encoded the
blanks as %20 (in a link) but the AS/400
appears to  substitute EUR characters in the error message.

Here's the URL: http://urbana.honeywell.com:8080/Hr/docs/Severance%20policy.doc

Here's the error message:

Error 404
An error has occured while processing request:
http://urbana.honeywell.com:8080/Hr/docs/SeveranceEURpolicy.doc
Message: File not found: /Hr/docs/SeveranceEURpolicy.doc

BTW, this is an intranet site so it won't work if you hit it....

Is the 400 treating %20 as a EUR and does anyone know how to treat %20 as a
space????

Don't think it was doing it before V5R1...

thanks

dan