From: Bryan Yates [mailto:byates@co.collin.tx.us]
Sent: Tuesday, July 30, 2002 12:23 PM
To: web400@midrange.com
Subject: RE: [WEB400] What happened to rpgenerationx.com?

Actually Walden, the complaint is not with the stability of the Iseries as a
web server.  The problem here is the old
IBM HTTP CERN server.  I have three 820 boxes each running about 20 different
instances of BEA weblogic, IBM HTTP CERN
and IBM HTTP (Powered by Apache) and I can't remember the last time we had to
restart a server for any reason other than
the idiot programming the thing (that would be me!) did something wrong with a
servlet or SQL query etc...

So far, I haven't experienced any of the problems Brad is talking about under
V5R1.  But problems like this will occur
on any platform from time to time.

Of course this is my own opinion, and I can't vouch for the experiences of any
one else on the list.
Thanks,

Bryan Yates
SR. Programmer/Analyst