I have a question about putting HTML in the CGI program.  If I have
drop-down list box is there a way for me to return back to the user what
they selected without dynamically coding the <select> tag in RPG.  For
example if I outputted this HTML the first time:

<select>
<option>A</option>
<option>B</option>
<option>C</option>
</select>

and the user selected option C.  So now when I re-display the page I want
that to be selected I now have to code the select statement like this:

<select>
<option>A</option>
<option>B</option>
<option selected>C</option>
</select>

Is there a way to do this in a template?

I have gone the route where I try to have as much HTML in the IFS as
possible, and then I read it into my program at the appropriate time.  But I
have noticed that it comes to a point where I forget what pieces of HTML I
coded in my program what I coded in the IFS so I start a hide and seek game.
So right now I code most off my HTML in my CGI programs and bigger chunks of
HTML in the IFS.

>From what I have read CGIDEV would fix most of my problems and I just need
to take the time to learn it.

Aaron Bartell