The simplest thing would be net.data.  There are a lot of samples on the
ignite400 web site.  You probably wouldn't want to do a complex inquiry
program that way, but it's a good tool for a one screen form.  It supports
passing parameters to rpg or other languages on the 400 so your database
stuff can be done in a way you already know.