> From: Buck Calabro
>
> Almost anything else requires that we either abandon the model
> and work with
> the generated code (I'll slit my wrists first!)

<ROFL!>

> or that we re-work the
> source code changes when we regenerate objects (due to changes).

Definitely an issue with CASE tools.  If I could figure out how to get
around this particular problem, I would.  Unforunately, IBM won't expose
hooks to the display file, so we're stuck.  It's either work at the 5250
data stream level (and I quote, "I'll slit my wrists first!"), or modify the
source.

> Additionally, there's a learning curve to setting up
> HTML/jsp/asp/what have
> you that we aren't immediately prepared to scale.  If WebFacing
> doesn't pan
> out we'll obviously have to broaden our horizons, and when that happens
> PSC400 will definitely merit a look-see.

Agreed.  Even though the HTML knowledge required to use PSC400 is pretty
low, it's not zero (well, the green screen emulation version is zero, but
the "prettier" web application version requires a little).  Personally, I
think PSC400 is easier to use than WebFacing - you run two commands and then
edit the generated HTML as needed - but then again I'm pretty biased <grin>.

Anyway, good luck in your endeavors!  Keep us posted.

Joe