----- Original Message -----
From: "Bartell, Aaron L. (TC)" <ALBartell@taylorcorp.com>
To: <web400@midrange.com>
Sent: Friday, August 24, 2001 3:17 PM
Subject: RE: [WEB400] A Library is an IFS Directory???

> Go into Windows Explorer and take a peak at Network Neighborhood.  You
> should see an icon for any AS/400's that you have setup in Client Access
in
> there.  When you click on that link you now have access to the AS/400's
many
> file systems.  QSYS.LIB is the file system that we have all come to know
> real well with the Library structure and all, but the rest of the IFS is
> basically folder driven and you can dig down multiple levels unlike the
> QSYS.LIB structure.
>
> If I have said anything out of turn somebody please correct me,
> Aaron Bartell

Well, because you are asking :-)

Whether you actually see the QSYS.LIB depends.  When you are not using an
older version of Client Access you see only (through Netserver) what the
system administrator has explicitly defined as shared.  With the older
versions of CA the default was everything; with Netserver the default is
nothing.  You can see the difference when you have a lazy system
administrator :-)

Joep Beckeringh