IBM billing has driven me from renewing our annual RDi license for next
year.

On Thu, Jun 22, 2023 at 9:34 AM McNierney_Chris via WDSCI-L <
wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Version 9.8 is a major release of RDi and was represented as such. It has
been out less than 60 days. Thus, anybody who decides to install it is
living on the ”bleeding” edge, so to speak.

I installed on day one for two reasons: (1) I am on a Mac and we have been
jumping through hoops to install RDi 9.6 and (2) The installation can
coexist with 9.6.

The installation was easy and smooth after reading the documentation
contained in the download. Less than 10 minutes start to finish. This was
the same for my co-workers on the Windows platform. I do have a Passport
Advantage login and have access to the software and licensing.

For those of you with issues, waiting for others to “blaze the trail” so
to speak would be a prudent move. Give the community time to work out the
kinks. No major update is without issues, no matter who writes the software.

My two cents,

Chris