Mike,

I update my RDI from 9.6.0.1 to RDi 9.6.0.8, and that only took about 7 minutes on my slow internet. Not Bad!

I check for PTF, and it came back as all up to date! Great!

I did this:
1.) Add SEP by right clicking object and selecting "Debug or Code Coverage (Service Entry)"
2.) In command window did sbmjob cmd(call test_CC) job(cc_test1)
Note: NO files or sql, just a dummy select statement
3.) Pop up in RDI in debug
4.) press F8=Play
5.) got message: "DBGP0004E Program terminated."
6.) toggle to "code Coverage" in the IBM i Service Entry Points
7.) In command window id sbmjob cmd(call test_cc) job(cc_test2)

LOCKED UP AGAIN, after a refresh RE-INSTALL! Darn!

WrkActJob view:
Subsystem/Job User Type CPU % Function Status
CC_TEST2 KKILLIAN BCH .0 PGM-QRSEEXEC EVTW

Program Stack:
Display Call Stack
System: TESTBOX
Job: CC_TEST2 User: KKILLIAN Number: 893127

Type Program Statement Procedure
1 QCMD QSYS /01C8
QRSEEXEC QDEVTOOLS _C_pep
QRSEEXEC QDEVTOOLS 13 main
QRSEEXEC QDEVTOOLS 12 ProcessCommand
QCAPCMD QSYS /016E
TEST_CC KKILLIAN _QRNP_PEP_TEST_CC
TEST_CC KKILLIAN 1000001 TEST_CC
QTESEPEH QSYS /01E3

Okay, what do I do now? It is not doing it's code coverage thing in RDI 9.6.0.8 on fresh re-install and brand new workspace. How do I resolve this?

Please advise of the fix...

Here is the test_CC program:
**free
dcl-s idx int(10);
select;
when idx = 0;
idx += 1;
other;
idx = 99;
endsl;
*inlr = *on;
return;

I must be doing something wrong, and I do not know what...

Ken Killian