I got a new PC! Windows 10, 64-bit. Very nice.
I've installed RDi and export/import works fine. My workspace has all the connections I want, everything's coming up roses.

Then I decided to connect via SSL.

Making that work involves a uninstalling RDi, Re-installing as Administrator, Running as Administrator, installing the cert, and SSL works. https://render-prd-trops.events.ibm.com/support/pages/rdi-ssl-connection-fails-message-error-setting-keystore-toolbox-ssl

Now that SSL is working, remote help is not. I'm getting 'Can't connect to remote help'.

After slaughtering a goat and placing its entrails on the keyboard at moonrise, I was able to determine that renaming jssecerts and restarting RDi will enable remote help. Of course, now I can't connect via SSL. The path to that file is C:\Program Files\IBM\SDP\jdk\jre\lib\security
Toggling that is a solid way to reproduce the issue.

I was going to open a PMR but before I did I wanted to see if the group had any lore to pass along.

Thanks!


As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

This thread ...

Follow-Ups:

Follow On AppleNews
Return to Archive home page | Return to MIDRANGE.COM home page

This mailing list archive is Copyright 1997-2021 by midrange.com and David Gibbs as a compilation work. Use of the archive is restricted to research of a business or technical nature. Any other uses are prohibited. Full details are available on our policy page. If you have questions about this, please contact [javascript protected email address].

Operating expenses for this site are earned using the Amazon Associate program and Google Adsense.