My opinion of RDI has always been - sure, it's not perfect, but it's
certainly worth the effort.
We can all quote idiosyncratic behaviour.

But what's that saying: "Don't let the perfect be the Enemy of the Good"?

For me - the extra screen real-estate and outline view alone make it worth
putting up with a few imperfections.
RDi is improving all of the time, and the developers are listening to our
concerns / suggestions and acting on them - we even get to vote to help
prioritise the work.

Sure you have to get used to a few new things with RDi but in my view it's
a pretty small list:

- Figure out what rectangular mode means, Alt+R, Alt+U.
- Figure out how do do paste overlay - I set up my own shortcut Alt+V.
- Understand how normal paste works and how it differs to paste overlay
which is what SEU does.
- Figure out how new line works - for myself I set up my own shortcut to
splitAndShift. Pick a method that works for you.
- Learn how to use Esc to toggle from source to cmd line to do things
like search:
- / = search forward case insensitive, -/ = search backwards case
insensitive
- ' = search forward case sensitive, -' = search backwards case
sensitive
- Learn now to split the screen - drag a tab from open member to the
side or bottom of current screen.
- Use Ctrl+Mouse to hyperlink around
- Use Alt+Left to go back.
- Use Shift+Ctrl-A to open members
- Use Shift+Ctrl-O to show outline view
- Ctrl+F5 to refresh view.
- Use Alt+R for rectangular selection, Shift+Down to select a few lines
then try Alt+F7 / Alt+F8 to move the block left or right.
- Shift+Ctrl+V to verify
- Remember Ctrl-Z (undo) is your friend
- Select a source member in test and one in prod from the RSE view (
Mouse+click first, then Mouse+Ctrl+click second ) then right click to
compare with each other.

Off the top of my head that's about a dozen or so of the most common things
I use for basic editing.
Learn those and you've probably covered all you can do in SEU + some added
functionality on top of the fact that you can likely see more than double
the number of source lines and have an outline view to boot!

There a lot more functionality in there and doubtless a few important
things I've missed but nevertheless it's not a massive learning curve and
in my view totally worth it.

That's my take on it anyway...
YMMV...