From: WDSCI-L [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Tools/400
Sent: Wednesday, October 03, 2018 12:34 PM
To: wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] iSphere Plug-in 3.5.0.r released

Greg,

I wished I could help you to solve your update problems or at least explain why you had these problems. But sadly there is nothing I can do.
I never had problems updating iSphere except for one time when I tried to downgrade iSphere and update it again. I deleted files from the "features" and "plugins" folders by hand which made Eclipse "crazy".

The structure of the iSphere update site is a standard update site, that did never change over the time. There were just new plug-ins added to it. So that cannot be part of the problem.

Last but not least it is no problem to restore the iSphere library with a different name on the IBM i. For example you can restore the library with a version identifier, such as: ISPHERE350.

This way you can hold different versions of the iSphere library allowing your colleagues to update iSphere whenever they want. They just have to change the name of the library from e.g. ISPHERE341 to ISPHERE350 on the iSphere "Library" preference page after the update.

Regards,

Thomas.