From: Ken Killian
Sent: Friday, August 10, 2018 8:00 AM
To: Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio Client for System i & iSeries
Subject: Re: RDI 9.6.0.4 LOCK-UP. Java Death-Thread!

Steve,

Thanks! But, I always turn on the heap to see that. My screen did not go MILKY-WHITE or show any other signs of high heap. But, I forgot to check the heap, because it just locked up! no signs of high usage. I really need a "Monitor Camera". <smirk>

As usual, it happen at the WORST possible time, I was just trying to get my work done. <rant>

Oh well, I have turned off the parser, and RDI 9.6.0.4 works EXCELLENT without that bug-laden feature called "parser"!!! <Joy Joy> No code assist, but better than locking up! <Big Smile>

Program was small, only about 778 lines of code!

If it would help, I could zip up my Home-Desk-top work-space and attach it to my PMR. But, don't know if that would be helpful or not. <puzzled-look>

PS. I was debugging my program fix, and it step into a service program with a lot of compiler directors, and I did a "step-out". I stopped debug, and tried to continue on. But, I notice the parser message saying trying to "parse..." and it was ZERO! Ouch! I was trying to do a split screen to edit code, and everything stop! Unable to re-size view. Close view, or edit code!

-Ken Killian-