On 3/23/2018 3:13 PM, DFreinkel wrote:
My outline does not update and leaves a blank panel. The program is a RPGLE
program.

Check your preferences. Window > Preferences > Remote Systems > Remote
Systems LPEX Editor > IBM i Parsers > ILE RPG 'Update the Outline view
when text is changed in the editor'. (Filter the Preferences with RPG
and I get there faster).

If that's on, check to make sure there are no yellow 'caution' flags or
red 'error' flags on the code. Sometimes, the parser gets quite
confused and loses its way.

It sounds as if the Outline View is actually there, just... empty of
content. That can happen if the parser gets lost, or it might be an
artefact due to painting the screen improperly.

I use Rainmeter to put some dynamic content on my Windows home page.
Sometimes, when I move a Java-based window over the top of that content,
the... screen painting stops, and I get odd gaps missing from an
otherwise working program. I most often see this effect in ACS SQL
Scripts and RDi.

Moving the window off of the Rainmeter skin is all it takes to make the
screen paint properly, although it often paints in the parts I hover the
mouse over. So... lots of words to ask you to grab the RDi window and
move it to see if the screen paints properly in a different place.

I have tried a few things that I could but I cannot get it to display
anything. In addition, there now seems to be a input box "type filter text".

I always have a filter box.

Assuming it's not a screen painting issue, and that the RPG compiles OK
(no warning/errors to mess up the parser) there are several things to
try in increasing order of disruption:

1) Restart RDi.

2) Reset your Perspective. This will set all the Views back to their
factory default. Window > Perspective > Reset Perspective You'll lose
all the View size/positions that you've customised.

3) Restart RDi with a brand new workspace. You'll lose all your
connections, filters, etc. It's very close to a brand new install. The
good news is that if you try this and the problem remains, you can just
switch workspaces back to your original one and nothing will be lost.
File > Switch workspace If the new workspace does it for you, switch
back to the old one and export your settings. File > Export. Then when
you switch to the new (working) workspace, Import the settings one at a
time in case one of those got corrupted to the point where the parser
has lost its mind. This usually cures all the errors I introduce into
RDi. It's been a long time since I had to do this; you may need to
reinstall 3rd party plug-ins like iSphere.

4) Reload RDi. I sure do wish I had a VM that I could do this with.
Then I could tinker with RDi internals a lot more than I currently do lol.