Well damn, look at all that great info we could get if we only knew it was
there! Not sure what any of those options have to do with "QShells" (or
what a QShell actually is) but I'm glad the options exist. Turns out I am
missing a couple of PTFs on this one system. Thanks for the tip!

On Wed, Feb 28, 2018 at 7:41 AM, Nathan Reed <
nathan.reed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Michael,

Noticed a PTF check that can be used to validate RDI in one of the Message
Board Emails. See below. I found one missing on our set up. I will report
it and nothing will happen but thought your organization may be able to
gain some benefit. See QShells below.

THx,

Nate...........

-----Original Message-----
From: WDSCI-L [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Steve
Ferrell
Sent: Wednesday, February 28, 2018 7:09 AM
To: Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio Client for
System i & iSeries
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] iSphere spooled files

Hi Stu,

On connected systems where some RDi functions don't work, you are likely
missing a PTF or the companion product on the IBM i. To verify a connected
IBM i has what RDi needs, please do the following steps:

From the RSE tree, go to the connection in question, select "Qshells"
(near the bottom of the expanded node), and right click to bring up the
menu. Select the "Verify Connection" option and review the list of products
and PTF required by your installed version of RDi. Use your favorite
snipping tool, highlight any missing product or PTF and send a request to
your IT Department.

The Qshells menu also contains a Remote Servers > menu option with a
sub-menu of servers. If one of those server is stopped, you can start it
(provided you have the permissions from your IT Department) by selecting
Start. If the Start menu option is disabled, the server is running. The
servers list includes Debug, Webfacing, DDM, Data Queue, and File.
Note: These will actually Start or Stop the TCPIP servers for everyone
connected to that system, so please use caution when ending a server.

We'll explore ways to make these hidden gems more visible in a future
release.

Hope this helps!

Steve Ferrell
www.helpsystems.com