On 1/3/2018 3:08 PM, dlclark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Before beginning to wrote totally-free C-specs, I enjoyed being
able to press the tab key and have the cursor skip to column 8 on new
(blank) lines. After that, I had my tab key set to skip the cursor by 2
columns from there on out.

Now that I am writing totally-free C-specs, I wish the tab key
would not skip those first 7 columns and go to column 8. However, I have
searched the Preferences and cannot find where to stop this behavior. I
tried LPEX Editor / Tabs and I tried the various possibilities under
Remote Systems LPEX Editor / IBM i Parsers / ILE RPG but my tab key still
skips to column 8.

Anybody know the trick to this? I want the first press of the tab
key to go to column 2 and every 2 columns from there on out.

My RDi almost seems to work the way you want yours to.
(Mine always always starts the first indent at column 3, not 2).
I have no idea what the secret incantation is though.

Remote Systems > Remote Systems LPEX Editor > ILE RPG
<check> Automatic syntax checking
<uncheck> Automatic syntax checking of SQL statements
<uncheck> Automatic uppercasing
<check> Show lowercase in dropdown
Block comment behaviour
Fixed format <select> Insert * into column 7 and shift line
Free format <select> Insert // at beginning and shift line
<check> Update Outline View
<uncheck> Categorize named indicator as Fields
<check> Annotate unreferenced definitions

Remote Systems > Remote Systems LPEX Editor > ILE RPG > Formatter
Start column 1
End column *MAX
Number of spaces to indent 2
Indent WHEN/OTHER within SELECT 0
<check> Preserve relative indentation

Remote Systems > Remote Systems LPEX Editor > ILE RPG > Key Behavior
<check> Alt-S splits line
Enter key behavior
<check> Enter splits line for free
<check> Repeat previous specification type
<uncheck> Repeat previous operation code (fixed)
<uncheck> Set C-Specification cursor position
<uncheck> Set D-Specification cursor position
<check> Automatic indent
<check> Automatic closure of control block
Tab key behavior
<check> Tab key inserts spaces
<check> User defined tabs
under Free-Form:
^

Perhaps RDi doesn't think you're on a Free-Format C-Spec? What does
query elementClasses say? (Escape to get to the command line, type the
command, Enter to execute, Escape to get back to editing). For mine, it
seems to work properly if it is SPACE or Free CSpec.