That's why I believe that RDi vs VS is a personal preference. I feel exactly the opposite, RDi has a much better UX and is more intuitive. I've been using VS longer, so it's not just that RDi is more familiar.

________________________________
From: Ken Killian <kkillian@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, November 17, 2017 11:23 AM
To: Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio Client for System i & iSeries
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] RDi 9.6 is now available!!!

Side note, some of my fellow Microsoft Developers have to re-install Visual Studio maybe in 3-10 months...

While on IBM RDI 9.5.1.2, I only had to re-install it because I was playing around with plug-ins. And I realized I had screw it up. So, I decided to do the 20-minute re-install. That time the New work space trick did not work. But, I was playing around, and did something out of the "ordinary"...

Or all, I like Visual Studio, a much better user-experience and more intuitive navigation...

I also like that RDI allows me to filter by a find string. Visual studio cannot do that...

The BIGGEST thing that bothers me about ECLIPSE, and I cannot zoom-in and out of text size. I wish the tool bar had "+"/"-" to increase/decrease the font...

While on Visual studio, and many other IDE, you can zoom in/out with your MOUSE WHEEL....

And my co-workers might be running many different virtual boxes, and other high end stuff. But, still takes them approximate 90-Minutes to reload Visual Studio.

We use Softlanding/Turnover for our change Management, and it is Normally, VERY RELIABLE! <Joy Joy>

PS. Tons of people have already complained about RDI/Eclipse not having a simple Zoom In/OUT feature... I think an RFE is out there already.... Still DREAMING about that one...

-Ken Killian-