On Thu, Aug 24, 2017 at 4:04 PM, <dlclark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Nope, I don't use SEU. I tried a 120-source line (132 record
length) in RDi for CLLE and had problems with the prompter reformatting
around 70-72, still. Yes, I could manually reformat to 120 and it would
compile fine. I created an RFE for the prompter problem but it ain't
getting no traction, yet.

Frankly, I'd love to be able to customize how the RDi prompter reformats
code, more than just going beyond column 72. I start all my commands at
column 4, instead of 14.* If there's a label, it starts at column 1 of the
previous line. I avoid using parameter names if the parameter is a
positional parameter. I use white space. As a comparison:
CPYF FROMFILE(FILEA) TOFILE(FILEB) MBROPT(*REPLACE)
becomes
CpyF FileA FileB MbrOpt( *Replace )

The primary reason for the white space is to be able to Ctrl-LeftArrow and
Ctrl-RightArrow through my code. I have my Client Access keyboard
customized so that cursor navigation mimics Windows. Also, RDi (naturally)
supports this already. The secondary reason is improved readability.

I guess I don't use the CL prompter in RDi that much. I just entered CPYF
in column 1 of a new line, prompted it, entered many parameters, and
clicked OK. The reformatted command started in column 4, which is the
column the command in the line just prior started in, and it continued to
column 96, where the '+' character continued the command to the next line.
The first parameter on the second line starts too far to the right for my
taste (7 columns to the right of where the first parameter on the first
line is positioned, would like it to be 2 instead of 7.)

I'm using 9.5.1.1.

- Dan