Edmund,

Thanks so much for all the improvement on RDI! It has been GREAT! Like refactor-rename!

Yes, it was **free format. My source is 262, to force me to use a modern tool set like RDI.
Our production source is 112. So I check for code going past column-100, before promoting.

So, I was looking to rename: "Create_XML_Input" to "Create_Order_Merge_XML_Input".
Because it goes through a "Order-Merge" process, more descriptive for the next developer.

The normal global replace with the WHOLE-WORD works great in LPEX, just have to be extra carefully, in case it goes out of scope. Which is why the Refactor-Rename is so AWESOME! Takes some of the worry and double-checking out!

Yes, it would be NICE, but not a "MUST-HAVE" feature. I just expected it to work, since it was a valid "*free" Statement.
Maybe I am the only one who runs into this small thing.

I only brought this up, because RDI is supposed to be 100% compatible with **free format.

I start my coding in column-01! <Big Smile> I do NOT need any punch card limitation!!!!! Never used a punch-card-machine for writing code, that was before my time.
This was coded inside of a procedure, with all the code in column-01. No logic statements in this particular procedure.

My new formatted code: it does NOT past column 70! <grin>
// 00000011111111112222222222333333333344444444445555555555666666666677777777778888888888999999999900000000000
// 45678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890
XML_Input = Create_Order_Merge_XML_Input( OldOrd // C016
: NewOrd // C016
: OldRteParts // C016
: NewRteParts // C016
) // C016
; // C016

Yup, they still require us to mark code with "Change-Markers"... <LOL>

PS. This was a SQLRPGLE service program, if that makes a difference in how the parser is interpreted.

I will input an RFE for this tomorrow...

-Ken Killian-