On 11/10/2016 10:00 AM, Ken Killian wrote:
I am trying to show him the path to RDI enlightenment.

-snip-

All the "Newbies" that I show "shortcut keys", don't like it.
I cannot seem to find the right-click menu options
for ALT+S (split) and/or Alt+J(Join)

I'm not a mouser, so if there ever were context options for that I
wouldn't know.

I'm no longer an RDi missionary. I don't go office to office loading
it, setting up connexions and filters, making a custom setup for each
'newbie'. I don't do lunch and learn sessions to show newbies the
myriad things RDi can do (like split/join) that SEU cannot do at all [1].

I gave that up.

Do you know why?

Because they like SEU. They actually like it. They tend to feel
embarrassed about it, and so they cobble together excuses as to why they
just _can't_ switch.

The 'shortcut keys hurt my brain' excuse is the one that ultimately did
me in. I mean, think about it: There's no power on earth that is going
to convince a man WHO USES SHORTCUT KEYS IN SEU to switch to RDi when
his insurmountable objection is -- get this -- that RDi USES SHORTCUT KEYS.

Game over man. Game over. Use SEU in peace. Truly, he's already found
enlightenment; he's in his happiest place already, and bless him for
being able to recognise it.

Very frustration to show newbies, and just have to
say it is "buggy" all the time...
<Big Frown>

You're not in marketing, are you? ;-)

[1] I know, I wrote a user-exit program that does split/join in SEU.
I'm comparing 'out of the box' SEU to 'out of the box' RDi.